Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this product/event for review purposes, all opinions are my own. Links may be affiliate links. I make a few cents at no additional cost to you, and they help support my Starbucks addiction."
The Kobo Aura is a great e-ink technology e-reader. I love that it's so small and lightweight which allow me to read for hours and my hands don't get tired from holding something heavy. Suffering from Fibromyalgia makes my whole body hurt, especially my hands some days. Ereaders make it easy for me to be able to lay in bed or stretch out on the couch to read. E-ink is designed to reduce eye strain as well. So if all you want to do on a device is read, I highly suggest using one with e-ink technology.
I like to carry my ereader with me all the time since I never know when I'll have to wait somewhere.
The Kobo Aura does not add extra weight to my already heavy purse. This is a major bonus for me! My husband and I spend a lot of time at the doctors for our various medical problems. Sometimes there is a long wait, so it's great to have a lightweight ereader that I can take with us.
My favorite feature of the Aura is the Glo light. Have you ever tried to read in dim lighting? What a pain. Traditional book lights also can be a pain as they can be too bright or cast a shadow on your page. The Glo light lets you adjust the light to as bright or dim as you want. You can also turn it off when you don't need it. This has allowed me to be able to read in bed while my husband is asleep at night. Sometimes I suffer from insomnia and being able to read in bed, is better than having to actually go do something else.
Related Posts You May Like:
What are some of my favorite features of the Kobo Aura?
- The number one feature is well, ebooks! Ebooks, in general, are cheaper than traditional books. You can even check out ebooks from your local library now.
- The Kobo eBookstore gives you access to over 5 million eBooks and your Kobo Aura lets you store up to 3,000 eBooks
- You can read in direct sunlight without glare. This feature makes it great to relax in your backyard, or beach with your ereader.
- 11 different fonts and over 40 sizes to choose from. I think this feature is what makes me love ebooks the most. The fact I can increase the font size of a book is amazing. Plus, it has a built-in bookmark!
- 14 file formats supported natively (EPUB, EPUB3, PDF, MOBI, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, TIFF, TXT, HTML, RTF, CBZ, CBR)
My husband prefers print books, but he has used the Kobo for long bus rides to commute to work before he retired. He said it was a lot easier and lighter in his bag.
Do you have an ereader? They are great for high school and college students too for required reading assignments.