This post may contain editorial samples and/or affiliate links. We may earn a commission on your sales.
Are you a self-proclaimed geek? Perhaps you have a loved one that loves all things geeky. Think Geek is your one-stop shop for your geek gift needs.
Buying gifts for a loved one can be difficult sometimes. This is especially true when it comes to purchasing gifts for men such as my husband. He is a self-proclaimed geek, so Think Geek is the perfect one-stop shop for him.
Think Geek is your one-stop shop for all geeky gifts.
My husband is hard to buy for, and he doesn't give much help when asked. If you ask him what he wants for any gift-giving occasion he will say nothing. If you buy him a gift, he'll say take it back. Geeky gifts, however, are right up his alley and he will accept those.
Back to the Future Heat Changing Mug
Is there a better way to start your day than with a 20oz mug of coffee? The mug will show the time circuits when the mug gets hot at 88°. My own personal Marty McFly loves to show off his new mug to anyone and everyone that visits our home. Since my husband's name is Marty, of course, his nickname is McFly.
- Back to the Future Heat Change Mug
- Officially-licensed Back to the Future merchandise
- A ThinkGeek exclusive
- Time Circuits appear when the mug is hot!
- Capacity: 20 oz.
- Materials: Ceramic
- Care Instructions: Hand wash only. Do not microwave. Especially back in 1955. That'd seriously freak people out.
- Ages 14+
Here is a video to see the time circuits lighting up on the mug in real time.
My husband is a big Tesla fan. He's a fan of both the inventor and the company run by Elon Musk. This particular watch, of course, is about Tesla the inventor. The Tesla watch is definitely more of a collector item than an everyday wrist watch. It comes in a beautiful metal tin.
We use the metal tin to help display the watch on our entertainment center in the living room. This not only displays it but helps to protect it from dust and our dog.
- Steampunk-styled Tesla analog watch
- A ThinkGeek creation & exclusive
- Weathered-brass look on metal findings plus leather strap
- Japanese movement
- 2 light-up vacuum tube-style LEDs on top
- On/off switch controls red LEDs in vacuum tubes
- Ornamental winding keys (ships with a replacement key)
- Comes in a tin, suitable for gifting
- Materials: 304 stainless steel case, glass face, ABS plastic vacuum tubes, and leather strap
- Not water resistant
- Batteries: SR626SW (minutes/hour), SR521SW (seconds), and CR2032 (LEDs) button cell batteries (included)
- All batteries are replaceable
- Dimensions: Watch face 1″ diameter, total face 1.6″ diameter, 2.7″ tall including vacuum tubes
- Strap 1.2″ wide, fits a wrist 6.75″ to 8″
Think Geek has a beautiful video on their YouTube channel on the Tesla watch.